Partnerships with Community Groups
Chagossian Voices doesn’t replace existing groups but works with them to support them and develop synergistic partnerships. Unity is strength. We currently have well established partnerships with:
- Chagossian Women’s Welfare Fund (contact Mylene Augustin email@example.com)
- Manchester Chagos Archipelago Community group (contact Louis Elyse Louisjimmygrick@hotmail.com)
- Chagos Asylum People (Mauritius https://www.facebook.com/chagosasylumpeople)
- Seychelles Group (Pierre Prosper)
- UK Chagos Support Association (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We have also hosted representatives of Chagos Refugees Group, and BIOT Citizens on the platform.
Partnership with Chagos Conservation Trust
Chagossian Voices has been working closely with the Chagos Conservation Trust due to a shared desire to protect and conserve the archipelago, the ocean that surrounds it, and its animal, plant and marine life. We have also collaborated on various projects from this website to Connect Chagos, which saw younger members of the Chagossian community receive training to enable them to attend scientific expeditions to the islands. For more information, please visit https://chagos-trust.org.