Chagossian Voices has been working since October 2020 to support and campaign for the global diaspora of Chagossians. We have played a key role in the successful campaign to obtain UK citizenship for all people of Chagossian descent in the Nationality and Borders Act. We have achieved this through:
- our submissions and petitions to government departments
- our well researched documents, briefings and case studies
- our conferences
- our meetings and networks with MPs, Peers, government departments and ministers
- our contacts with the press and broadcast media
- influencing via social media.
Chagossian Voices were referenced/cited on three occasions in the UK Parliament during the passage of the Nationality and Borders Bill and our influential briefing is on the Parliament website at https://bills.parliament.uk/publications/43047/documents/781